Saturday, September 4, 2010

Hello Everyone Happy Labor day weekend.

I hope everyone has a happy and safe Labor day.
I hope to post some cards real soon. I have been kind of lazy with post on my blog. I need to get much better. I have so many ideas, it is just getting them going is a slow process.

This is not a card related storey, but I have to share. This is my first time EVER canning. My in laws do it all the time but they live out of state. So I have been making phone calls and looking on the Internet on how to cold can. Well here goes, my husband has a garden (me I do not have a green thumb) He has had the BEST tomato's ever this year. I have been making salsa and the family loves it. So I have decide to can my salsa so the tomato's do not go bad (we have had so many)I decided to do the cold pack, the hubby likes his tomato's whole not mushy. I had everything ready lids on the jars and in the holder ready to put in the HOT BOILING water. Does any one know what happens to a warm jar when placed in HOT BOILING water? Lets I should have known better. No sooner did I drop my 5 jars in the water did two break. Before I knew it my water was filled with tomato's, what a mess. Of course the hubby had to make a joke and I am sure they all will. I have the remaining jars in the new water and so far so good. Keep your fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment